The Kapiti Coast Museum is an incorporated society and is registered by the Charities Commission New Zealand as a charity, registration number CC48666.
The museum is run by a dedicated committee of volunteer museum enthusiasts. Led by the chairman the committee members each have their own area of interest and expertise.
At the 2017 AGM the Kapiti Coast Museum adopted a strategic plan for the next five years. This consists of:
Vision: “Yesterday’s stories today”
Mission: We collect, exhibit and make accessible, objects connected to the Kapiti Coast. We appeal to a broad audience via enriching public programmes.
- Work in partnership with local iwi;
- Increase standards of collections care practice;
- Increase access to collections via new technologies;
- Maintain a changing exhibition schedule;
- Increase awareness of the museum’s public programmes.